Tuesday, June 17, 2014

2013 Overdue Overview: August and Almost Everything After?

Here I am back again, crawling along at a snail's pace out of the sweaty, stinky hole of last year's caricature gigs from deep within the dank, moldy recesses of my computer's desktop where they've been sitting collecting dust in a folder named 'Post NOW!' .....  okay, back to business - here is some live in the raw live-ness comin atcha live...
...actually, lemme share this non-live studio gift caricature for my buddy from the Freedom Fest in July, which I'd promised to draw of him and his wife AT the fair, but never got around to until August...He's a karate instructor, and she's a cop, 'nuff said...
Now back to some live action...
Starting with a bunch of photos from the 7 day Middlesex county fair I have worked at for...7 years!
Next, fun, frolic, and well, boredom, at the Brandywine Folk Festival, as I set up at this 3 day festival expecting lots of business as I was situated right in front of the beer garden, but instead business trickled in as most attendees had already spent enough money on the festival tickets,food and beer...still, watching great bands and musicians all day, and their hairy fans twirling and sashaying along, and a laid back easy feelin' hangin out at a big party made up for any lack of business...after all, I just turned 40 in August so this was a welcome and relaxing change of pace (and quality weekend time spent with my girlfriend who came along and soaked up the vibes with me)....
                                           excellent Philly singer Dani Mari and her band...
                                                    Ladies and gentlemen, this is 40....
Maggie trying her best to look like Old Lady River...
                                     Another great folky rockin' band called Mason Porter...
                                         I got a chance to pose with Philly locals The Lawsuits after drawing
                                         them up really silly...
                                 Unfortunately Green Man didn't sit for a caricature...his loss...
Got funky with the faces once again for the third annual Drexel staff party along with crazy face-drawin' cohort in caricature crime, Patrick Harrington...




     a brief interlude: slow day at Clark Park Arts Fest in September, 
hangin with Maggie and Michelle, who created an exquisite corpse drawing of me on both sides of the paper...here's Maggie extending her tongue of approval, and Michelle puckering up:
         Mag and Michelle posing as 'annoyed customers' with my drawing of them...
      The brilliant drawing by Maggie that started things, of me riding a polar bear on a skateboard?
               One of the few people I drew for profit at the festival, and a hairy one at that....
                                  Next up, more Drexel craziness, this time for the students....
At this point, I'd like to direct you to my work from my Terror Behind the Walls stand which I opened towards the end of September 2013, until the end of the season in early November- the blog is a work in progress, but I intend to use it to showcase my more horrifically themed works, starting with the monster/zombie/psycho killer drawings I did of people at this annual Halloween attraction at Eastern State Penitentiary. Find those drawings here....
http://facesofterror.blogspot.com/
Moving headlong into cooler climates, here's a buncha heads from October and November...first ones here were from a big bash at the Please Touch Museum...
And now for some frivolity of epic proportions from this wedding I worked at in Reading:
Coming up next, a Princeton event with several other artists to benefit the fight against Diabetes:
....and that's it for now....I'll be back with Part 5, rounding out the rest of '13 soon....


No comments: