Thursday, June 5, 2014

2013 Overdue Overview Part 3: Summer Fun Jamboree

And I'm back! Getting down to the wire, as July 2014 is just around the corner, so I better start battening down the hatches, cause there's a whirlpool of caricature craziness to share from the months of July and August 2013...hopefully this can all get done in a couple more posts, and henceforth, never to be caught in the maelstrom of backburning procrastination and non-priority activity and such...
First bunch are from the Freedom Fest Fair I worked at for about a week in July, in Allentown NJ - a busy, sweaty week in which my tent was destroyed by a massive thundershower, leaving it looking like a big squashed metallic bug...


...bye bye poor tent frame...this was the THIRD tent I lost due to bad weather in one year...you think i'd learn....anyway, I was moved into the stadium up the path where I didn't have to deal with anymore bad weather, except for heat and humidity...
 


Ah, the wonder of social media - this is my old favorite teacher from 4th & 5th grade, Mr.Gray, who I am friends with on Facebook, and who wanted to come and see me do my thing after I posted about it, and who happened to live very close to the festival's fairgrounds. We had a great time catching up and in the meantime giving him as silly, and grotesque a drawing  I could conjure up for someone who had such a positive influence in my life, inspiring and encouraging me to use my talents as much as possible. Mr. Gray gave me the nickname 'The Martian' in 5th grade, a badge of honor I carry to this day. The 'E.T' theme goes back to 4th grade, when that movie was just about all I could talk about (in addition to Star Wars, G.I.Joe, and Friday the 13th, and countless others). So here's to you Mr. Gray - always one of my favorite people, even nearly 30 years later.



 I got the opportunity to draw the guests of honor - the cast of truTV's 'Lizard Lick Towing, a show I'd never heard of, but apparently it was mega popular with the Freedom Fest crowd, because there were lines around the block! Here's me taking the initiative during some downtime, and sketching the cast up while they signed autographs...






                                         I made sure to get a couple photos snapped with two of the main
                                         cast members, who assured me that my caricature would hang up
                                         on their office wall, to be seen at some time in the next season...


                   ....unfortunately I have no idea if the drawing showed up on their office wall or not, since I got rid of cable shortly after this festival...maybe I'll find it on Netflix or Hulu....
 Next batch of photos are from a company picnic for a party not far from the festival - great, smiling, happy people! I took a photo of every single one!




















Next up, another company party! 



 ...and another one!



 






And closing out July, is a selection of photos from Chester community day - pictured just below, the Mayor and his crew!


And that's that for July, whew! Be back soon with August and...September? Maybe?

No comments: