Friday, December 5, 2014

Live Caricature Action Catch-Up-Vol.2014-Episode I: The Funny Menace (Jan.-March 2014)

And here I go with 'Catchup Time' again .... starting with the very beginning of 2014 to the end of March...what would have been first post of the year are these photos from
a First Night Event on New Year's Eve, the last day of 2013,  in beautiful Scranton, PA...
 Setting up at the Motorsports and Racecar Trade Show in January, and a couple people (the very few, in fact) that I drew there, plus a quick sketch of a driver whose name I didn't get, who was at the convention signing autographs...
                                                Ms. Motorsports 2014 and her lucky man!
                                          The aforementioned unknown (to me) driver dude...
                                          Next up, many people showed up to be drawn at the massive
                                          Philadelphia Home Show which took place in January at the
                                          Pennsylvania convention center. I was hired to draw for one day
                                          and set up to do retail for the last two days. Very steady business!
                         There were many fuzzy faces drawn at the Lehigh Valley Pet Expo in Feb
                         (humans included)!
                        Turns out at least one of these beautiful German Sheperds (Thor!) I had drawn
                        already a couple years ago with his brother Panzer! See illustration below:
 
Here's a quartet of shots I got a big gala company party in New York...
Another BIG two-day gig I did in NYC, this time for a social media research firm, for the 'Social Media Week' tradeshow, where I was handed index cards with interests of each guest gleaned from their social media profiles, which I was to draw into each caricature - very interesting challenge and totally fun too!
After the craziness of the convention in NYC (the amount of people drawn + the horror of getting in and out of the city), I drew at a Health and Fitness expo doing retail for one day - here's ONE of the two drawings I did that day...
A nice time was had at this little fundraiser for a halfway house in Trenton, NJ...
Here's a quickie from a Temple University event I'm including only because it's 
 the only example I have of drawing with a Copic Wide marker only, because all 
my other markers dried out (interesting info for caricature artists only, haha)...
The next big batch are from the Northeast Hot Rod and Custom Car show at the 
Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in March - had a great time drawing cars and their lovers, plus assorted DJ's and anthropomorphic armadillos...

Next up - April through June! whew.


No comments: